The Higher Education Commission (HEC), Islamabad is dedicated to promote higher
education in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT)
where National Defence University is located. HEC encourages and facilitates the foreign students seeking admission in Pakistani universities.
HEC also resolves student difficulties in getting NOCs, Visa and extension in Visa.
HEC with concurrence of ministries of Education, Foreign Affairs, Interior, Economics Affair Division, etc, has streamlined the admission procedure mentioned
below in respect of students' admission into streams of studies other than professional subjects ( i.e. MBBS, D-Pharmacy, and BS Engineering).
Admission of Foreign Students:
Foreign students seeking admission in a Pakistani university / Degree Awarding Institution have to apply for admission directly to the concerned
University / Degree Awarding Institution and get the letter of confirmation of admission. The University will send a copy of the letter of confirmation of admission to HEC. The HEC will confirm and endorse admission to Ministry of Interior.
Steps for the issuance of Vise to Foreign Students:
Steps for Renewal of Visa:
- The Student will approach the Pakistan High Commission / Embassy / Mission in his native country for visa.
The Student will submit
the following documents with his application for visa:
- Application for admission in the concerned University / Degree Awarding Institution
- Confirmation of Admission letter received from the University / Degree Awarding Institution
- Student's Visa Form
- Photocopy of Passport
- Educational documents
- The Pakistani High Commission / Embassy / Mission will forward all documents to Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Islamabad for furtherprocessing
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will forward all documents to Ministry of Interior for security clearance
and a copy each to Ministry of Education/ Directorate of Administration ICT, Ministry of Health and the HEC.
- Ministry of Interior will complete all process within four weeks and send visa advice to Pakistani High
Commission / Embassy / Mission concerned and a copy each to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the HEC.
- HEC will send visa information by email to the University concerned and copy each to the Ministry of Education
/ Directorate ofAdministration ICT, Ministry of Health and the University.
- Visa will be issued by the Pakistani High Commission / Embassy / Mission in student's native country for
the duration of the studies to be renewed annually subject to completion of security clearance formalities.
- The students will obtain from the University
- University's certification on the Visa Extension Form.
- Certificate that the Individual is a bonafide student of the University.
- Recommendation by the university to extend the visa.
- The student will present these papers at the concerned Passport Office for extension of visa. If papers are found in order, the Passport Office will grant extension in visa.
- The University / HEC's Responsibility in Respect of Foreign Students
The University will inform HEC if any student leaves the University or does not remain a full-time student any longer.
- HEC will inform the Ministry of Interior accordingly.